Ramadhan Kareem. Day 14th of Ramadhan.
On last 21st May until 26th May 2016, I've been to Perth.
It was a great experience indeed!
I would like to give some tips to those who is googling about Perth. These are my lessons learnt for the trip. I've been jotting down the tips during my flight to Malaysia that day (26th May 2016).
The tips are as follows:
- Book flight, check the seasons. People in Perth said that spring is the best time to visit Perth. But, it is up to your preferences.
- Bring empty drinking bottle since the tap water in Perth is filtered. You can get drinking water anywhere in Perth. Since I've been told by our homestay's host. Like myself, I've brought 400ml, drinking bottle everywhere in Perth. It is very convenient. Hopefully I don't get this point wrong. You may check with other person who has been in Perth too.
- Don't spill water while using toilet, especially for ablution. You may use, spray water. To prevent the water won't spill on the floor.
- For Muslim, wear proper clothes, to ease you pray.
- For those who is staying in homestay, you may check on the amenities that have been provided. For instance, towels, washing machine, iron, kitchen appliances. This is to make sure you won't bringing something that is already provided in the homestay. Like my case, our homestay has washing machine, therefore, I just bring 3 blouses for 6 days.
- Wear proper shoes. Be fit for your trip. Bring medicine, or first aid kit, just in case.
- Don't forget to bring universal adaptor. If needed, please ask the host, if he/she can provide extension plug.
- I've never been to four season country before this, Perth is my first time. The aircond that is being used there is reversible, meaning that, it can be used as heater in winter season. Just read the manual on how to use it. Our lessons learnt, because we don't read the manual on how to use the aircond, end up, we slept in cold room.
- If you want to visit Caversham Wildlife Park, there has been set of shows for you to watch. Before you start exploring the park, please plan according to the show timing, since, it is only allocated certain duration to meet the wombat, meet the koala and sheep shearing. If you happen to stay only half day here, you may need to plan properly in order to get to meet all the said animals.
- If you don't want to spend $20 for the lunch, please bring lunch. In Caversham Wildlife Park, they have provided picnic places, for those who bring their food.
- Freemantle Tips - If you plan to go to the Freemantle Prison, please don't stop by at Freemantle Market, because, for Freemantle Prison, there is allocated time for the prison tour. You may end up late, or miss the tour. Plan accordingly. Get the time for the Freemantle Prison tour, only then, you can visit the Freemantle Market. And, the market only opens on weekend. Please plan properly. :)
- This is my utmost lessons learnt. You may need to have back up plan, in case the place that you want to go is closed. For my case, we are planning to go to Penguin Island, and it happened to be closed due to bad weather. And we don't have back up plan for this, we end up strolling in Perth City shopping! And again, please plan wisely.
- Don't forget to bring powerbank.
- Please install Waze app, because we used Waze most of the time in Perth, to get to the places.
- Pinnacle tips - Please read the signboard before you start exploring the place. It happened to us, we walk without reading the instructions, luckily we don't get lost. We met wild kangaroo while walking here anyway.
- Before going to Perth, you may need to search for halal and cheap restaurant, nearby to the places that you plan to visit. Although it is easy to find halal food here, you may don't want to waste time and energy just to search for it. Therefore, please plan ahead.
- Commuting tips - Before commuting to places in Perth, you may need to survey for the cheapest way. During our trip last month, drive and park at Freemantle is cheaper than we use train, it is because we have 4 people to share the expenses. It may varies to the size of group.
- Weather forecast - We have checked the weather forecast before going to Perth. It is almost accurate. Therefore, please note, to visit Penguin Island, Sand Dunes, The Pinnacles is not during shower.
- In flight tips - I use AirAsia to Perth. As you all may know, you have to pay to get the in-flight services, therefore, you may need to bring, ipod, books, c-shape pillow. I played sudoku just to kill my time for 5 hours flight.
That's all from me. It may not covers all part, though. Hopefully the list will help you.
Have a nice stay in Perth. Please tell me if the tips help you or not.
Happy fasting people!